VivoCity seems a mall that’s different from the others in town, because it’s by the sea. We get a great view of the island of Sentosa from across VivoCity, and there are wooden plank layed platforms for viewing the boats and ships that cruise along. I just love the super tall, skinny snowman art installation that was designed for the mall. It’s so appropriate that it’s skinny, because a fat snowman wouldn’t make sense in the tropical heat. The 13 metre tall sculpture was made during the Singapore Biennale 2006 designed by Chris Ellis from New York who is also known as Daze. I also love the architectural curves in the building design.
I Talk About
- My Niece Made Me So Happy Today
- Grateful for My Cousins
- Siem Reap March 2023: Pink Lotuses
- Siem Reap March 2023: Day 1 Angkor National Museum
- Siem Reap March 2023: Day 1 (Arriving at the Jaya House River Park Hotel)
- Siem Reap March 2023: Day 1 (Landing at the Airport)
- Beautiful Singapore Morning
- Some Days I Can & Other Days I Just Can’t
- Don’t Know How to Feel About This
- Must Read: First They Killed My Father by Loung Ung
- Things People in Singapore say
- Plant Based: Who Knew it Could Be so Yummy
CopyrightUnless otherwise indicated, all photos featured on the blog were taken by me. All Rights Reserved Singapore Actually 2022
Love Your Comments
- Janet on Plant Based: Who Knew it Could Be so Yummy
- bookjunkie on #18. Simple Joys: A Dragon Dance
- Uta Hannemann on #18. Simple Joys: A Dragon Dance
- bookjunkie on It’s Another New Year & I’m Feeling Hopeful
Somehow the snowman does not look nice – not meant to be skinny! Perhaps they should put up a scarecrow instead – scarecrows are skinny! LOL!!!
Great to see you here 🙂 A scarecrow would be cool too!
So that’s why they have a snowman there! What about the little guy who hangs on a bar all day and sometimes does some somersaults?
I think I might have an old picture from my older blog…will post it sometime when i stop feeling lazy 🙂