Since I take the MRT a lot (beats taking a cab) and I am too lazy to walk, I love malls that are linked to MRT stations.
- Northpoint Shopping Centre: Yishun MRT
- Ang Mo Kio Hub: Ang Mo Kio MRT
- Junction 8: Bishan MRT
- HDB Hub: Toa Payoh MRT
- Novena Mall (& Square 2): Novena MRT:
- ION, (Wheelok Place, Wisma Atria & Takashimaya): Orchard MRT
- Somerset 313: Somerset MRT
- Raffles City: City Hall MRT
- Bugis Junction: Bugis MRT
- Changi Airport: need to switch at Tanah Merah to get to Changi Airport
- Tiong Bahru Plaza: Tiong Bahru MRT
- Millenia Walk: Promenade MRT
- Quite a long walk through tunnels to the Esplanade – perhaps City Hall MRT is nearer then Esplanade MRT?
- (waiting for the one at Holland Village and Botanic Gardens to be ready)
- VivoCity: Harbour Front MRT
- Nex: Serangoon MRT
Will add to this list soon.
I thought this was very practical of them to link malls etc to the stations. I think they only did this once in Beijing (silk market). I am wondering if Singapore will ever try to link huge apartment complexes etc. But then the whole country would be hollow underneath, haha.
I think we are just all hiding from the sun and heat.
I was so confused when I first tried to get to Esplanade MRT. It is actually nowhere near Esplanade, and I ended up wandering about and being 2 hours late. Bloody ‘eck!
ya when I got off the stop I expected the Esplanade to be sort of connected. It is but you need to walk through about 10 minutes of tunnels. I am now wondering if City Hall is nearer.
I think it might actually be the same distance, but somehow it seems clearer and easier to find Esplanade from City Hall.
I must try the CIty Hall way one day to check out the difference.
hey you missed out farrer park on purple line. it is connected to city square mall. anyway, a very good job done here. i’m just like you, lazy to walk and loves malls connected to mrt. i was googling and found your blog 🙂
Thanks Billy. Good to know that Farrer Park is connected to City Square….i didn’t know that.
oh and 1 more.. clarke quay mrt connected to the central mall. 🙂
Thanks Billy..yes I do love that stop 🙂