Decided to do a directional guide with photos, because I have absolutely no sense of direction, but luckily a good memory for visuals. I can’t read a map and think in pictures. So if you do too, I hope this helps.
1. Get onto the Green Line and get off at Bugis Junction.
2. Look out for the signs. Head towards Raffles Hospital and not Bugis Junction.
3. Head to Exit B. You’ll see icons of the Sultan Mosque and Raffles Hospital. They make it so easy.
4. When you get out, turn Right and not left – that’s where Bugis Junction is.
5. Walk towards Raffles Hospital which is on your right. You can’t miss it. You can see the Parkview Square Art Deco building as well.
6. Walk past the Raffles Hospital fountain with the fish.
7. Golden Landmark Hotel is just next to Arab Street, so you’re very close already.
8. Walk past the fountain where thirsty birds flock.
9. On your right you’ll spot the Gateway office building.
10. Before you know it, Arab Street appears.
11. You can see the majestic Sultan Mosque from the traffic light.
12. On your right you’ll see North Bridge Road.
The Arab Quarter is my favourite place in Singapore. It’s got everything. Great food, great coffee, awesome boutique stores and just a fantastic all round atmosphere.
Perhaps you should consider taking a taxi next time.
was tempted to take a cab, but decided to try out the walking route.
Hi bookjunkie, I’ve been enjoying your posts.. keep up the good work!
After being a silent reader for a while, I decided to drop a note to ask if you’ve visited Littered With Books
at Duxton Road? It looks like a little haven for a book lover. I’d like to visit it too one day if I have the chance.
That sounds like a wonderful new bookstore…thanks for telling me about it..will look out for it the next time I go 🙂 So glad you like the posts….thank you!
Great pics; made me feel like I was there.
Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for this!!The pics was really helpful!! I’m quite hopeless when it comes to my sense of direction this absolutely helps me alot!Appreciate it thanks!!
So glad it was useful Zee 🙂
Wonderful …thanks for the step by step guide 🙂 pictures say it much better than words
so glad it was useful 🙂
…Great guide..!! Thanks
so glad it helped a bit Khan 🙂