I just got a timely warning to watch out for snatch theft by people on motorcycles. I have witnessed such an incident in KL but not in JB and I think it’s best not to risk it since I have heard stories about theft. Thanks so much for the warning Miss Ene. If I am there I will be very vigilant and stay away from certain areas I guess. I think the crime rate must have escalated since the 70’s when it seemed very safe to stop along the way.
I Talk About
- My Niece Made Me So Happy Today
- Grateful for My Cousins
- Siem Reap March 2023: Pink Lotuses
- Siem Reap March 2023: Day 1 Angkor National Museum
- Siem Reap March 2023: Day 1 (Arriving at the Jaya House River Park Hotel)
- Siem Reap March 2023: Day 1 (Landing at the Airport)
- Beautiful Singapore Morning
- Some Days I Can & Other Days I Just Can’t
- Don’t Know How to Feel About This
- Must Read: First They Killed My Father by Loung Ung
- Things People in Singapore say
- Plant Based: Who Knew it Could Be so Yummy
CopyrightUnless otherwise indicated, all photos featured on the blog were taken by me. All Rights Reserved Singapore Actually 2022
Love Your Comments
- Janet on Plant Based: Who Knew it Could Be so Yummy
- bookjunkie on #18. Simple Joys: A Dragon Dance
- Uta Hannemann on #18. Simple Joys: A Dragon Dance
- bookjunkie on It’s Another New Year & I’m Feeling Hopeful
Have a great time and be safe
I like to go across to JB! the stuff are cheap and good. Try their durians!! 🙂
if it felt safer..I’d probably be there daily 🙂
I wanna go too! Did you have any trouble at the customs? The last I heard there were long queues, but I guess they solved the problem.
no more biometric screening I guess…so it was fine.
Finally i got some time to read your blog again. too many posts I say !!
anyway I dont understand the hype behind JB . when we went there it took us 2 hours to reach and we got down at ion mall . Dint do much shopping as I found the rates almost same.
the second time we went to find a cheap dentist but some dentist shops in JB were scary so we sticked to more expensive singapore ones.
maybe I am missing something . Do people go there only for shopping and food?
yeah people go mainly for the cheaper groceries, more relaxed vibe and much more affordable hawker food. Although you must be careful as I’ve heard stories of people being robbed.