We all have a fixed amount of time and at the end of it we all die, so I’m reminding myself to not waste a precious second, if I can help it. It’s spurred me to make this list. A list I usually reserve for my private journal but thought it would be useful to preserve in electronic form. Somehow you’re more accountable when things are publicly declared.
Time Well Spent (not in any particular order)
1. Countless hours doing photo backups (totally worth it and gives me peace of mind. which reminds me, I need to get cracking again as I do this only occasionally)
2. Reading a book
3. 2 hours spent writing a blog post
4. 2 hours spent watching a good movie or an acclaimed TV show
5. Playing with my nieces (priceless – they are angels after all)
6. Going for a walk
7. Meaningful conversation over coffee or tea
8. Family parties
9. Travelling and all those wonderful experiences and memories
10. Learning a new skill or honing something I already know
11. Visiting the museum and learning something new
12. Having a really yummy meal – something you’ve been craving for like Char Kway Teow or Nasi Briyani
13. Finally visiting the Dentist
14. Going for a hair cut
15. Actually spending a minute flossing (regrettably I always forget)
16. Cleaning your work space and drawers (need to get to this and wish I was more OCD and anal like my partner who is always perfectly neat and organised)
18. Writing lists to get your priorities straight
19. Listening to good music
20. Any kind of spa treatment (best kind of luxury)
21. Visiting the library
22. Playing the tourist in your own country and seeing something new
23. Watsapping my cousin overseas.
Time Badly Spent
1. Countless hours playing iPhone games (unless it’s on the MRT where it’s the most convenient thing to do while standing and crushed between people)
2. Watching crappy shows and TV ads
3. Answering annoying telemarketer calls even if it’s just a minute
4. Wasting time waiting at the clinic for your turn while you breathe in germs
5. Worrying about the future (I do this too much and my anxiety levels are way too high)
6. Regretting the past (I do this less than worrying, but way too much too)
7. Having nightmares and no proper sleep
8. Tossing and Turning with Insomnia
9. Sifting through junk emails and spam
10. Mindlessly surfing the net
If you feel like it, dear reader, I hope you do a list too and share it with me.
Meanwhile, I’ll add to this list if more items come to mind.
I spent a lot of time worrying as well. Sigh. I just can’t help it sometimes.
thanks for sharing that you worry too Claudia….yeah wish there was an off button for that.
How about a little time for community service? Singapore compares badly to other first world countries in volunteer work and donations. I think this needs to change to have a more inclusive society.
yes good suggestion…thanks.
Hello! I’ve nominated you for The Liebster Award and I hope you will pass it on to other deserving bloggers as well. Thank you! I really love reading your blog:)
AWww thank you so much Amanda 🙂
I totally agree with you! Those periods spent waiting in a clinic, whatever sort they are, are just a big waste of time. One of these days if I finally come up with a list too I’ll share it with you but I think they are quite similar to yours. 🙂
I spend way too much time worrying about things I have no control over, regretting things I wished I had done… and ya playing games on the iPhone (totally guilty as charged!). :p
hehehe so glad I’m not the only one hooked on iphone games 😉 They sure do know how to make it incredibly enticing and hard to quit.