- Oncology Checkup
- My Hysterectomy gave me a release I never expected
- What it was like growing up in the 70’s and 80’s – corded, rotary and pay phones
- My Origin Story from the 70’s- thanks to my mum’s meticulous diaries
- My Greatest Worry is that Health Insurance Terms & Premiums Keep Changing
- My Partner’s Thoughts on Aging
- Horrified by the attack on Salman Rushdie
- Aging Sucks
- One of My Mum’s proudest moments as a kid back in 1957
- What are the three best decisions you’ve ever made?
- I Don’t Like the Saying ‘New Normal’.
- Was the Pre-Smart Phone & Pre-Globalisation Era Truly Superior?
I Talk About
Love Your Comments
CopyrightUnless otherwise indicated, all photos featured on the blog were taken by me. All Rights Reserved Singapore Actually 2022
Tag Archives: culture shock
There was this changing light that provided entertainment as you’re stuck at the traffic junction. The scene is constantly changing and nothing stays still in Singapore. It’s hard to even stop a while and it seems like if you don’t … Continue reading
Things you don’t see/hear in Singapore & visitor from Boston, Jim’s Observations (via Expat Bostonians)
Fascinating post by Crystal that I had to reblog. I love seeing Singapore, from a different perspective. My friend Jim recently wrote about his trip to Singapore, and he noted that he rarely if ever heard police sirens. Which got … Continue reading
Although expats are criticized for remaining in their own circles, sometimes I can’t blame them because it is hard to meet locals who are willing to be as open to new friendships. It is much easier for expats to connect … Continue reading
Just thought I’d share a list of cultural norms that I am used to since I have been corrected as I was growing up. I thought visitors here might find the list useful. I would love to hear about the … Continue reading
In my life so far, Culture Shock ranges from mild to extreme. Television and movies have reduced the total strangeness and unfamiliarity element, but not everything is captured on screen. Here are some of my Alice in Wonderland moments: 1. … Continue reading
I am quite happy that my anonymous blog, Tiny Island, has survived half a year (and a month) and managed to get 95,000 visits. My average views a day is 453 right now, but I feel that a huge chunk … Continue reading