I Talk About
- When Was the First Time you Took a Flight?
- I Used To Have A Dream Job
- Something I Wrote on Medium. Hope you’ll read it there.
- Please Don’t Ask Me To Be Resilient
- Join Medium with my referral link – Shanti C K
- When I was diagnosed with cancer
- What a Trip to Siem Reap Taught Me
- Been Writing at Another Place but I’m still here too.
- My Niece Made Me So Happy Today
- Grateful for My Cousins
- Siem Reap March 2023: Pink Lotuses
- Siem Reap March 2023: Day 1 Angkor National Museum
CopyrightUnless otherwise indicated, all photos featured on the blog were taken by me. All Rights Reserved Singapore Actually 2022
Love Your Comments
Tag Archives: peranakan museum
The people behind the museum have done a great job. I absolutely love the muted pastel shades. I feel a sense of calm walking through this place. It’s much more fulfilling to spend time here than at another mall. I … Continue reading
I was excited about the food section in the Peranakan Museum as I love Peranakan food. You are first introduced to the dining area which is very elaborately set-up for a feast. Look at all those matching pink dishes. You … Continue reading
My friend’s grandmother used to wear this elegant traditional attire, but these days it’s getting to be a rare sight. The exhibit was one level up and you can take the stairs or the lift. It’s on for quite long … Continue reading
The one thing that made a huge impression on me was the very pretty architecture of the museum. Both the external facade and the building within that was once a Chinese school. The building was constructed way back in 1912 … Continue reading
There are these cool stamping machines and you’re given a coloured chart to stamp away. Not just any stamp, but a cool emboss. Ok, I confess, even adults may get a small thrill from it. It’s educational too. Like in … Continue reading
B knows some of the people who donated stuff to the museum, so that was interesting. I think it would be cool to be asked to donate your items to a museum, knowing that it will be preserved. The one … Continue reading
Visiting the Peranakan Museum was not a planned thing. We just happened to go by and I persuaded B to stop and see if it was open. To my delight it was and tickets cost just S$6 each. Good to … Continue reading