When we were at Kochi (Cochin) in Kerala, the main religious and harvest festival, called Onam was being prepared for. As part of the celebrations they have someone dress up a the legendary King of Kerala called Mahabali. Our driver actually did a reverse when my sister exclaimed with delight upon seeing someone dressed in costume and finery on a motorbike. It was akin to seeing Santa Claus. True serendipity – a delightful but unexpected sighting. ‘Mahabali’ gamely posed for my camera and that was so cool. The expletive announcing the Onam discount at Stella’s eyecare, and the man in the veshti (traditional attire of white cloth, instead of trousers, used by older men in Kerala) standing with a serious expression made these shots priceless.
I Talk About
- (no title)
- (no title)
- I Just Watched the Wham! Documentary
- I Worry I’ll Run Out of Stories
- When Was the First Time you Took a Flight?
- I Used To Have A Dream Job
- Something I Wrote on Medium. Hope you’ll read it there.
- Please Don’t Ask Me To Be Resilient
- Join Medium with my referral link – Shanti C K
- When I was diagnosed with cancer
- What a Trip to Siem Reap Taught Me
- Been Writing at Another Place but I’m still here too.
CopyrightUnless otherwise indicated, all photos featured on the blog were taken by me. All Rights Reserved Singapore Actually 2022
Love Your Comments