Didn’t feel like writing resolutions even though it’s New Year’s eve tomorrow. I just want to be healthy and happy, so I decided to write about my idea of the good life instead:
1. Being with children and looking at the world through their eyes. They make being positive and joyful seem so simple. Nurturing them and contributing in any small way to their happiness and well being.
2. Exploring totally new cultures and environments through travel that recharges and renews your perspective. This includes revisiting past trips through photographs and more detailed research.
3. Being with nature and just clean air.
4. To never stop learning, exploring and expanding your horizons. Learning through reading or even documentaries.
5. Feeling useful while doing things you love – for me it’s babysitting, writing and teaching
6. Feeling a sense of freedom as an individual.
7. Learning to enjoy your own company – i.e. solitude and independance (I used to feel very conscious to sit at a Cafe alone – no more, and it sure feels liberating)
8. A feeling of togetherness. Sharing a joke, knowledge and just simple things that make you feel a sense of lightness.
9. Watching a comedy that’s really funny and it’s better when you share the laughter with someone.
10. Eating something really delicious slowly, enjoying every morsel and not feeling a tinge of regret.
Love reading your posts (I always say that). Here’s to more blogging in 2013!
Hugs…thanks Pam…that means a lot to me.
I love this blog. It tells me exactly what a good life is all about. May you experience the good life in 2013 and all the years to come!
That means so much to me Aunty Uta 🙂 thank you so much and I hope you have an amazing 2013 too.